Fall foods! We are in the midst of what I consider the best food cooking vegetable loving time of the year! I love root vegetables and squash and pumpkin! I will begin this post with some of my favorite combinations of roasted vegetables. It is a rare night that we don’t have something roasted in the oven for supper during the fall and winter months!
Roasted Vegetables Low Down!
Roasting veg is truly simple simon. Start with any or all of the veg that you love. You can combine them or roast each one separately. However you like it.
Wash, chop or slice or roast whole – it is so variable you can’t go wrong – the only thing to keep in mind is having the pieces near the same size so that they cook in the same amount of time.
– toss the veg with olive oil and herbs or spices in a bowl then transfer to a covered baking dish.
Most veg will cook if cut into 1 1/2ish inch chuncks in about 45 – 55 minutes at 350 degrees. This will vary depending on how soft you want things to be (experiment and see what you like)
Here are some favorite combos – (I always use olive oil and some salt)
Beets – dill (usually take about an hour to cook at 350)
Squash – just salt and olive oil (I am not a fan of extra sweet stuff on my squash)
Carrots – dill, and or garlic, or ginger
Potatoes – anything!!!
Here is a simple beet side dish idea
– Roast your beets with olive oil and salt (I am too lazy to peel my beets, plus I kind of like the earthy dirt taste, but you can peel them!)
-cool and cut into bite size chunks or slices
-toss with olive oil, red wine vinegar, crisp apples, and feta (or sharp cheddar cheese)
Eat warm or cold (I like it cold)
Here is some Great info on my Health Coaching! In case you are interested!
Have you ever received good advice that you were unable to follow? Has your doctor ever recommended a lifestyle change that you found to be unsustainable? Have you ever wanted something in your life, but found you couldn’t achieve it alone?
Health Coaches are knowledgeable advisors who provide ongoing support and guidance as you set goals and make sustainable changes that improve your health and happiness. As your Health Coach, I will listen carefully and help you to navigate the world of contradictory nutrition advice to determine what changes are necessary for you.
Your personalized program will radically improve your health and happiness. Together, we will explore concerns specific to you and your body and discover the tools you need for a lifetime of balance.
As a client of my health coaching program, you will…
- set and accomplish goals in a way that is empowering and exciting
- work to achieve and maintain your ideal weight
- understand and reduce your cravings
- increase your energy levels
- feel great in your body
- learn about new foods and how you can easily incorporate them
- improve your personal relationships
- discover the confidence to create the life you want
Your program includes…
- two 50-minute sessions per month
- e-mail support between sessions
- recipes that are healthy and simple to prepare
- coaching and support to help you make the dietary and lifestyle changes you want
- simple but informative handouts that will increase your nutrition knowledge
- access to my monthly newsletter with the latest health tips and recipes
- my personal commitment to your health and success
To decide if health coaching is right for you, I invite you to schedule a free initial consultation with me. During this session, we will discuss your health and lifestyle to determine how I can best support you in achieving your goals.
Contact me today to schedule your free initial consultation.